Welcome to Sustainne!
The Sustainne platform is a business directory and social network dedicated to uniting, nurturing and growing a community dedicated to sustainable living. Sustainne brings together conscious professionals, goods and services providers, consumers and nonprofits. Through the Sustainne platform, people can find products and services that match their values, and local businesses and organizations can network with one another to build sustainable supply chains and share initiatives.
- Collection of Information.
We collect information (i) from you directly; (ii) from third parties, and (iii) automatically when you use our Site.
In general, we collect information as follows:
- Account and Profile Information: When you create an account on the Sustainne Platform, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide. If you join as a Business Member, you will also be asked to create a Profile (Listing) on the Site. Profile information such as your name, business category, demographic information, and any photos you provide may be displayed publicly on the social network. You can customize some of the information displayed publicly in your Sustainne profile by going to your account and profile settings. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, please contact us at [email protected] You have an obligation to provide us accurate information.
- Public Content: We collect and store the information that you post to the Site, including reviews, photos and profile information.
- Communications. When you communicate with us (via email, phone, through the Site or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication (including call recordings). When you use the Sustainne Platform to communicate with others, in accordance with applicable law we may collect and maintain a copy of those communications.
- Transactional Information. If you purchase products within the Site, we collect certain information in order to process your request, such as your phone number, address, email, and credit card or bank account information.
- Site Activity and Automatically Collected Information. We collect and may store information about your use of the Site, such as your search activity, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit. We also collect and may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Site, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
- Linked Networks and Contacts. If you elect to connect your Sustainne business profile to a social network or online platform like Facebook or Google, you will be asked to enable sharing of your contacts with Sustainne. If you agree to this sharing, in order to facilitate a more connected experience, we may send notices informing your contacts you have joined Sustainne so that you and your contacts can find and follow each other on the Sustainne Platform. You also will be connected within the Site as followers of each other, and you can learn more about people you know in common on the Site. You can adjust permission for users to follow your profile in the advanced settings of your profile.
- Use of Information.
In addition, we use the information we collect to better understand how users access and use our Site and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services, respond to user desires and preferences, develop additional products and services, and for other research and analytical purposes. From time to time, we may also offer contests or promotions, and will use the information we collect to administer such contests, promotions and surveys, to analyze the results for research purposes, and to comply with legal requirements related to such contests and promotions.
- Sharing Your Information
We do not rent or sell your personal contact information (such as your email address associated with your account registration) to third-parties to use for their own marketing purposes. However, in some cases Sustainne may allow third parties, including other users and Sustainne partners, to contact you through the Site, including for marketing purposes. Additionally any information that you share publicly through your profile is available to third party users of and visitors to the Site; we cannot control such third parties’ use or further disclosure of your information. We may share some information about you with third parties in connection with your use of the Site. Our information sharing with third-parties generally fall into these categories and purposes:
- Agents, Contractors, and Service Providers: We may share your information with our agents, e-commerce partners, and contractors or other service providers as needed to carry out the performance and functionality of the Site, fulfill your requests or authorized commercial transactions, process your payments, or provide customer support.
- Analytics and Usage: We may share user information in de-identified or aggregate form, with third parties, such as advertisers, professionals, and other businesses. For example, we may disclose to a business the number of users that have viewed their profile. Business or professionals that participate on the Sustainne Platform may also access usage data associated with your public profile. For example, a business can see that you, as identified by your public profile username, any profile photo, and any other publicly displayed profile identifiers (but not identified by your email or non-public account information), added their product to one of your Ideabooks on a particular date.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another party or business entity, if we have a change in ownership or enter into additional equity relationships, if we enter into a loan agreement, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company. We may also disclose certain personal information to a company as part of the planning or review for a potential merger, acquisition or transfer of assets.
- Other Users: Information that you post publicly on the Site (e.g., photos, comments, your profile) will be made publicly available to other users of the Sustainne Platform. The information that you post to the Site is intended for public consumption, including your photos, comments, Ideabooks, and profile information. By posting on the Site, you agree to permit us to disclose publicly the material you post.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we believe that such investigation or disclosure is (a) necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, subsidiaries, or the public.
- Sustainne Communications
When you join the Sustainne Platform by signing up for an account, as part of the service you will receive Sustainne newsletters about the offerings and features on the Site. As permitted by law, you are also opting to receive other emails from us that may be of interest to you as a member of the Sustainne community. We may also ask you to consent to receive text message communications from us. You can manage your email and notice preferences in your Mail Chimp account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transactional e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us. However, you may opt out entirely of receiving any text messages – promotional, transactional or otherwise – from us.
Additionally, by joining, you are agreeing to receive feedback and communications from third-parties within the Site, including third-party providers of products or services who may comment on your postings within the Site. If you don’t want third parties to see such information, you should not post it to your Profile or the Site.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
It may be possible to disable certain Cookies through your own device or browser settings. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. However, doing so may affect your ability to use the Site. If you are not comfortable with the above uses of Cookies, please do not use this Site.
Do-Not-Track Signals. Please note we do not change system behavior within the Site in response to browser requests not to be tracked. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling Cookies or opting out of ad networks).
- Third Party Advertising.
We reserve the right to work with third parties such as network advertisers to serve advertisements on third-party websites or other media, and to evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns, including Facebook, Google, and others (both Facebook and Google offer additional ways to opt out of certain advertising activities, and maintain their own privacy policies that address their interest-based advertising services). We also may work with third parties to display ads on our Site.
You can also manage many opt-out of receiving behaviorally-targeted ads from many companies via the consumer choice tools created under self-regulation programs in many countries, such as the US-based aboutads.info choices page or the EU-based http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the respective opt out pages noted above, will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you based upon your activities on multiple websites, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject Cookies, or you subsequently delete your Cookies, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the websites listed above.
- Plug-ins and Social Media Widgets.
- Third Party Profile Pages and Websites.
- Choice and Access to Your Personal Information.
You may modify any account information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may continue to reside in our systems for a period of time, and we may maintain copies as part of our business records.
- Account Termination and Data Retention.
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at [email protected], and we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We have implemented security safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure – so we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You should take certain steps to protect your account and personal information as well, such as by choosing a strong password and keeping such password private, and logging out of your account when you are finished using it.
- International Transfers of Personal Information.
Sustainne LLC, is headquartered in the United States, with users, and possibly service providers, affiliates or operations in other countries. Your personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States (or any other country where we, our affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and service providers operate) and processed there. Data protection laws differ among jurisdictions; and the United States and these other jurisdictions may not provide the same level of protection for personal information as your jurisdiction of residence. You understand that your information may be stored in or accessed from the United States and these other jurisdictions. You understand that, law enforcement agencies in the United States and these other jurisdictions may access and use your information for the purposes of investigation and law enforcement. By using our Site, you consent to the transfer and use of your information to the U.S. and other jurisdictions, as set forth in this paragraph.
- Links to Other Sites.