MowGreen® electric and organic lawn care cuts grass without gas. Gas-based lawn care makes 5 to 10% of US air pollution.
MowGreen cuts out the loud, dusty, “20x more polluting per gallon than cars” mowers & blowers, and does your ears, your neighbors and The Environment a huge favor at comparable prices.
MowGreen started in 2006 with a single push reel lawn mower. Since then the company has grown and now uses a variety of electrical, battery powered and solar charged equipment.
MowGreen lawn care services conform to our belief that sustainability and care for the planet are keys to living well.
- Free Estimates
- Lawn Maintenance: All Electric & Organic
- Clean Up: Mulch mowing helps reduce cleanup and feeds the soil. We use rakes and quiet, zero emission electric blowers
- Trimming & Hedging: Shrubs, bushes and hedges with all quiet, zero emission gear.
- Fertilizing: Less necessary when leaving grass cuttings and mulched leaves on lawns to compost in. We use only natural organic fertilizers safe for the environment.
- Soil Analysis & Optimization: Grass grows best in certain conditions and we can use organic, eco-friendly treatments to optimize the soil, based on lab test results.
- Aeration: Aerating your soil is sometimes necessary to help oxygen reach the roots.
Click for Details on the MowGreen Guide: 21 Ways to Clean and Serene. http://mowgreen.us/mowgreen-guide-21-green-lawncare-topics/
We see our lawn care services as a way to help people to make environmentally friendly, organic and healthy choices in all areas of their lives, along with such products and services as organically produced food, low or no emissions vehicles, solar power and green building.
MowGreen has high standards beyond a pledge for using and promoting sustainable, environmentally friendly practices, in care and respect for all stakeholders — customers and working partners alike. All staff are conscientious and aligned with our values.
MowGreen was founded by Dan Delventhal. Dan has a wealth of knowledge and experience in environmentalism (especially organic lawn care), information systems, and business.
A graduate of UCONN and Fairfield University business schools, Dan was born and raised in Connecticut and has lived in Fairfield since 1985.
Values: Reduction, Ecology, Ethics, Life sustaining, & Respect, Effectiveness, Efficiency, Lasting value (REEL).
Mission: Get the Gas off the Grass, & More Food Growing, Less Lawn Mowing.
Vision: National Network of locally managed and centrally supported eco-friendly gardening & lawn care.
MowGreen – Clean & Serene, No Gasoline™: Organic, Sustainable, Zero Carbon Footprint Lawncare in Bridgeport, Darien, Easton, Fairfield, Greenwich, Hamden, Milford, New Haven, New Canaan, Norwalk, Stamford, Stratford, Trumbull, Weston, Westport, & Wilton, Connecticut. Also in Rye and Katona, New York.
Call or email us today for a free estimate.